Friday, May 4, 2012

Watch It Online


Big Bang Theory
http://the-big-bang-theory.com/
Everybody has tips for saving money on entertainment, and nearly every article on the subject includes canceling your cable or satellite subscription and just watch the ever increasing array of programming available online.  I’ll assume at this point you’ve read at least one or two of those articles.  I’ve never had cable except when I lived with my mother.  What I will tell you about today are some of the fun stuff I enjoy watching online.  Some of it is free others require a Netflix subscription, though at only $8 a month it’s still a good deal.

Big Bang Theory
What can I say, I LOVE NERDS!  It’s available for free on CBS

Psych
I’ve been a loyal fan of Psych since its first episode.  Old seasons are available on Netflix and the new ones are on USA Network.

IT Crowd
Tragically this hilarious British comedy will not have a fifth season in 2012.  The four fantastic seasons are however, available on Netflix.


Doctor Who
http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/
Doctor Who
Okay, I’ll admit it, I think it’s sort of gone downhill this last season, but I’m willing to stick with it because it’s still a decent show and I have faith it will get better.  If you’re not familiar, Doctor Who is the longest running sci fi series in history.  The show began in the 1960’s and was cancelled in the 90’s.  BBC brought it back in 2005 and it is a classic    not only in it’s British homeland in countries around the world.  It is hands down my absolute favorite show!  Watch the entire new series and a good bit of the original on Netflix and throw your own 50th anniversary party for the show in 2013!

Lillyhammer
This is one of my new favorite shows!  A hysterical story of a mobster turned witness on the run in Norway.  It’s funny.  It’s dramatic.  It’s awesome.  It’s available on Netflix.

They Live
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/
They Live
It’s not new by any means.  This John Carpenter classic is as awesome today as it was in 1988.  There are countless pop culture references, South Park’s Cripple Fight and anyone who has ever repeated the timeless statement, “I’ve come here to chew gum and kick ass, and I’m all out of gum.”  They Live is a quirky classic that has withstood the test of time and improvements to special effects.  Check it out on Netflix

Those are my picks for this month.  Check back in June for all my newest fabulous entertainment finds.  Do you watch tv online?  Leave a comment with your recommendations.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...